18 May 2020
Message from our CEO
TLC’s COVID-19 Protocols Remain Unchanged
To All Members of the TLC Community
With the easing of COVID-19 restrictions in Victoria, I wanted to confirm the strict protocols that have been in place at TLC’s homes remain unchanged. These precautions are in place to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of our residents and our care teams. These protocols must be observed by every person who enters our locations.
To enable our team to focus on the care of our residents, the TLC Coronavirus Taskforce is available to answer any queries or concerns you may have. The Taskforce can be contacted at: TLC.Coronavirus@tlchealthcare.com.au If you require an urgent response, please mark the subject of your email as ‘Urgent’, otherwise we will answer you between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm daily.
Below is clarification on some of our protocols that may be helpful for you.
- The residents of TLC’s aged care homes are not currently permitted to leave the premises for social outings. If residents have errands that they need attended to, please speak with the Care Manager or General Manager so that our teams can assist.
- All visitors must report to our reception area on arrival.
- Protocols for visiting our residents remain unchanged, as detailed in our Fact Sheet.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to enter residential aged care homes at this time.
- Any person entering a residential aged care home must have an up to date vaccination against influenza and provide evidence of their vaccination status; further information is available from our reception staff.
- TLC is in the process of installing temperature screening cameras at the entrances to our homes. These cameras will expedite our entry protocols by reading your body temperature as you pass by, and alerting staff if your body temperature is abnormal.
Team TLC are doing everything possible to ensure that we keep our people safe and well. Thank you for your cooperation and support of our teams, who are doing incredible work during this challenging time.
Chief Executive Officer